Saturday, February 2, 2008

Late Night Musings

There have been times in my life where I have felt like nothing is going right. I have struggled with feeling as if God had abandoned me because what I thought was supposed to happen just wasn't happening. When things didn't go my way, it would be easy to get mad at God and wonder why He didn't see it my way. I know, how infinitely stubborn of me. But, I know that I am not the only one. It's been that way since the Fall in the Garden of Eden. There are times, after going through one of these events in my life, that I can see God's hand in it. There are times that I can't. That doesn't make God any less involved than He was when I could see what the reasons were for things not happening the way that I wanted them to. Remembering that I am a baptized child of God and no matter what my road looks like, that will never change. The promises, the forgiveness of sins, and the gifts given to me in my baptism don't go away when things don't go my way, or even when they do go my way. No matter what my road looks like, He is there with me, giving me the good gifts of the forgivness of sins, life, and salvation through the Word and Sacraments. As I look to going to church tomorrow, I can go knowing that my God loves me and will give me all the things I need to support this body and life, even if it's not the path I think I should be on.